Payment morale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4 Un-Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Stanislav_Pokorny

71 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  08:07:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Keiko,
has there been any progress in your case?

Go to Top of Page

Keiko
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  05:45:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Stanislav,
Unfortunately not......
Thanks for asking anyway. I will just continue to send remainders.

Go to Top of Page

Keiko
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  08:03:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply

Please be informed that this agency was recently blacklisted by other translators in other translation site as well.

Go to Top of Page

Keiko
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  17:34:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
One more info. about the agency. They have been banned from posting jobs from Prozcom. since Sept. 2008. That's why they moved! to Translator.Pub.com in Oct.08 to hunt new translators...probably.

Go to Top of Page

Stanislav_Pokorny

71 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  14:47:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Keiko,
thank you for your information. I'm sorry for you to read this bad news. I think you will be lucky if you see any money from them at all.

Go to Top of Page

anicasi
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  17:57:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everyone! Let me tell you that Global4trans has given me a translation to do last Friday. I´ve searched the agency at Proz.com in the Blueboard and it has many many negative statements. All the people who have worked for them, do not want to work again because they were NOT paid. These are some of their comments:

"They are a fake agency. They get the job and m=never pay you, Do not submit the job but dont tell them you wont at least this may ruin them. ALTtranslationa nd global4trans are fake agencies. Many victims up to now! they owe me 800 USD but dont reply."

"Do not work with them! They are con artists who NEVER pay. There are many translators on the Blueboard (about 50 last time I looked) who have bad things to say about them. They give fake addresses and phone numbers and when you try to contact them they never answer or hang up etc. A few of us got together and reported them to Interpol... their activity is completely criminal.

I would advise you to stop working for them immediately! "

"sorry for the late reply but i was not at home when u sent me this e.mail
yes,i have worked for that people and they never paid me,after you do the translations for them they disappear and don't answer to your e.mail
so pay attention"

Luckily, I stopped working on time. Be careful! I could send you an e-mail from a person who is pressing them to be paid. Regards!

Go to Top of Page

Commpagnero
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  03:55:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
the same happened to me with this agency. I was assigned immediately to the job and did proof reading of 21 pages.
After having send the document to them, they did not advise where to address the invoice. Up to now, I did not hear anything from them.
I think we will never see the money...

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Keiko[/i]
[br]Re: Global for translation in Egypt
Hello, I am a new member since last week.
My first topic is unfortunately about a fraudulent translation company in Egypt "Gloval for translation". This agency is found on the first page of your Agency Research. About a month ago(I wasn't a paid member yet), I received a job notification from you and found that I could apply for the job for free(without a full membership). Then I applied for it and was immediately assigned to the job. The payment term was 10 days after the invoice. The job had 12600 words "to be delivered in 3 days". Obviously I worked very hard on it. Even after the date of invoice, they asked me to translate some more lines and I've just done it for them for free. Well, since then I've had NO news from them although I send numerous e-mails to them. I think I was swindled by them. They owe me 630 EUR. I strongly encourage all of you NOT TO WORK FOR THEM. Does some have any ideas to recuperate my money...? Do I have to just forget it...? Many thanks in advance for your advise.

Go to Top of Page

Keiko
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  05:57:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Since my first topic appeared about the agency on the site, I've learned that many other translators had the same experience as me. Unfortunately the agency is still on the market and in reality this is not the only agency which tries to scam the honest translators. If MHA123 was really paid by the agency, you are really lucky!(I can hardly believe this though...) As Stanislav said it would be a great idea to have something like "Blueboard" to rate agencies. It would surely help us & prevent fraud. Go Translators.com has a very rich information about Good & Bad agencies (Black & White List) also.

Go to Top of Page

Stanislav_Pokorny

71 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  10:07:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
As Stanislav said it would be a great idea to have something like "Blueboard" to rate agencies. It would surely help us & prevent fraud.

And it could be so simple: create a dedicated forum and a separate thread for each agency.

Go to Top of Page

Stanislav_Pokorny

71 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  10:16:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
How about flooding their e-mails with spam? I mean it doesn't get you your money, but...

Go to Top of Page

ramario
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2009 :  06:22:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everybody!
I have also been cheated out of USD 30 form someone whose e-mail is translators@global4trans.com. I had assumed that this could happen and unfortunately confirmed it. Everybody should CHECK ANY OUTSOURCER BEFORE WORKING FOR THEM since thanslatorpub does not offer any help.s

Go to Top of Page

Keiko
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2009 :  11:40:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ramario,
I am sorry to hear about it.
Global4translations in Egypt has several e-mail address, still on the market and we should be aware of it.(There are many agencies which have similar names in different countries though.)
Yes, TranslatorPub does not guarantee you any of outsourcers' credibility like other translators' sites.
Since I had the bad experience with this agency, I've decided not to trust any outsourcers... If I want to apply for jobs posted in translators' site, I check them with Blue board(Proz) or Black & White List(GoTranslators)etc. If I receive a job request from new customers, I always ask for 50% of prepayment for the first job(followed lingonova's advice, thank you). If they are wellknown with good references, I won't ask, of-course. I would like to know how other translators can verify the outsourcer's credibility when they are new to you. Thank you in advance for your tip !

Go to Top of Page

Babylon76
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  03:29:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Keiko.

I am another victim of global4translation agency in Egypt.

I wish to know if you have been paid. We also made a project for them and the same thing they keep silent. No replies to my mails anything.

But i hope we will be paid, i keep writing them always in order to remind them of the payment.

I also have another client i met on translatorspub.com Nora Mohamed and it is the same thing, no news from her.

I hope we will be paid soon.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Keiko[/i]
[br]Re: Global for translation in Egypt
Hello, I am a new member since last week.
My first topic is unfortunately about a fraudulent translation company in Egypt "Gloval for translation". This agency is found on the first page of your Agency Research. About a month ago(I wasn't a paid member yet), I received a job notification from you and found that I could apply for the job for free(without a full membership). Then I applied for it and was immediately assigned to the job. The payment term was 10 days after the invoice. The job had 12600 words "to be delivered in 3 days". Obviously I worked very hard on it. Even after the date of invoice, they asked me to translate some more lines and I've just done it for them for free. Well, since then I've had NO news from them although I send numerous e-mails to them. I think I was swindled by them. They owe me 630 EUR. I strongly encourage all of you NOT TO WORK FOR THEM. Does some have any ideas to recuperate my money...? Do I have to just forget it...? Many thanks in advance for your advise.

Go to Top of Page

mchrd
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  11:52:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Has anyone be the victim of Kepner Pao ?
Go to Top of Page

Stanislav_Pokorny

71 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  12:54:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Actually, ProZ.com and Translatorscafe.com employ the following policy: three negative, non-payment entries and the outsourcer is banned from posting any further jobs. I know fraudulent outsourcers can use thousands of different e-mail addresses and hundreds of different IPs, but banning them makes it at least more difficult for them to post other jobs. I hope Translatorspub will employ a similar policy too.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Un-Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TranslatorPub.Com © 2006 - 2015 Translatorpub.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
Site Language:

Site Sponsor
Try the new User Interface
http://beta.translatorpub.com

Fundraiser
Fundraiser

TranslatorPub- Shop

TranslatorPub+ Beta
Site Sponsor

More Information...

Social Media

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

© TranslatorPub.com 2006 - 2024. All Rights Reserved.

Mail comments and suggestions to info@translatorpub.com | Privacy Policy | Sitemap