All Forums
 TranslatorPub.Com Support
 Feedback
 Feedback - how do you like Pub?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic Approve/Hold/Reject all posts for this Topic

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  11:17:38  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hallo, please let us know your thoughts about TranslatorPub.com and your suggestions of improving it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your help to create a great platform for all of us.

olya21
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2008 :  15:53:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Site's great! I've got a job and I'm so excited and thankful for that opportunity. It's easy, and what's more important - it's legit!
Thank you very much!
Love,

Olga

Go to Top of Page

zsuzsa369
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  03:06:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Suggestion: When you send out an automatic job notification email, would it be possible to include the COMPLETE link pointing to the specific job being advertised? At the moment this is what we get: "You can view this job at: http://www.translatorpub.com/"
It would be so much easier if this link could take us straight to the new job posts, instead of just the main website. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  03:34:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That´s a good idea and suggestion. We need to check if that is possible.

@ Chris: Is that possible?
Go to Top of Page

Chet0012
Administrator

19 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  07:51:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Zsuzsa,

This is a fantastic idea and one that is on the block to be implemented shortly!

Thanks for your feedback! I'll update this post when we've done those changes (requires a little configuring to be language aware).

Best,

- Chris K.
Go to Top of Page

MHA123

50 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  09:33:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi All,

I really like your site - but could you maybe add some subject fields in the job posts? Thx for your effort :)

Go to Top of Page

Chet0012
Administrator

19 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  19:35:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@ Zsuzsa,

I've updated the job notifications such that they will now include a link directly to the job which they are referencing. Hope this helps!

@ MHA123,

This sounds like a great idea - from your experience are agencies typically willing to take the time to specify, for each job, which subject area(s) it applies to?

Best,

- Chris K.

-----------------
Working hard to take the lead in online language websites!
Go to Top of Page

MHA123

50 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  01:51:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hallo Chet,

thank you and nice to meet you. I think they should, because this help them to locate the right translators or interpreter for each translation job - not every translator is an expert in every subject field. This helps to improve the quality of each translation. Hope this helps :)

Go to Top of Page

olya21
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  00:55:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That update of automatic job notifications you've done is working great! I like it a lot. Now you don't have to search for a certain job. Like leads straight to it. That makes so much easier to find the right job. It is a very cool upgrade!
Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Chet0012
Administrator

19 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  06:54:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Olya21,

Thanks for your message. Through feedback and our own observations, we realized that we needed to improve our job notification system greatly. That was one step towards it. Some of the other language versions of this still have a little bit of English in them, but we'll be updating that soon as well.

Additionally, shortly we will be adding other features such as notifications on which jobs are for all members or paid members only (which will help out both groups in efficiency), and some more control for members as to which types of job notifications they receive based off of what are their native languages, etc.

Best,

- Chris K.

-----------------
Go to Top of Page

MicheleGile
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  20:11:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good job!
Looks great and is working well now.
Truly helps seeing a header indicating what the job is about. Saves the translator time. If it is for example a financial document and I am a technical translator I know I dont even have to bid on it. No time wasted!

Fast and smoothly done guys!!

Go to Top of Page

carolinesaari
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  09:37:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send carolinesaari an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is just a small detail, but I've noticed that I have to long in after remaining inactive for even just a few minutes. Is this just something to do with my personal settings or computer, or is it something that could be changed within the Pub programming?
Go to Top of Page

carolinesaari
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  09:40:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send carolinesaari an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Edit* That was supposed to say 'log in' not long in! ^^^^
Go to Top of Page

MHA123

50 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2008 :  03:46:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi - I´d like to see some more features in the profile page, like a calendar or an availablity sign. When you integrate this to the search function it would help persons to see if it is worth their time to contact you about a potential job. Other than tha, pretty well going here ;-)

Just a small note: Wouldnt it be fun to have like a contest or something in place?

Go to Top of Page

Chet0012
Administrator

19 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  09:05:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi All,

We here at the Pub would like your feedback on a particular issue: job notifications.

Full members will be largely unaffected by this question, as they have access to all of our jobs, however, for basic members, we did have a question.

As the Pub is growing quickly now, we are posting a tremendous amount of jobs each day - this, of course, causes many job notifications to be sent out to you. Some would prefer to see all notifications, regardless of whether or not they are restricted to full members (so they can know what is available), others would want to see a summary each day, and still others have e-mailed us only to send them jobs for which basic members can view.

Clearly at the Pub we would encourage everyone to come back often - it makes the community more active and gives a greater incentive for agencies to post jobs here. Having said that, we do appreciate the fact that not everyone would like to see so many job notifications if they cannot access the jobs. We would like to meet somewhere in the middle!

So, we present the question for feedback:

"How would you, the TranslatorPub community, prefer that we handle job notifications?"

We greatly appreciate your time and thoughts - we'll do our best to accomdate everyone!

Thanks,

- Chris K.

-----------------
Go to Top of Page

Leitmotif
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  10:22:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would love it if as a basic member I don't receive job notifications for jobs that are 'members only'. I like being mailed jobs, but I don't want to be sent 20 mails a day telling me there's a job for members only if I'm not a member. This actually puts me off becoming a member rather than making me want to sign up.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic Approve/Hold/Reject all posts for this Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TranslatorPub.Com © 2006 - 2015 Translatorpub.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
Site Language:

Site Sponsor
Try the new User Interface
http://beta.translatorpub.com

Fundraiser
Fundraiser

TranslatorPub- Shop

TranslatorPub+ Beta
Site Sponsor

More Information...

Social Media

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

© TranslatorPub.com 2006 - 2024. All Rights Reserved.

Mail comments and suggestions to info@translatorpub.com | Privacy Policy | Sitemap