All Forums
 TranslatorPub.Com Support
 Feedback
 Feedback - how do you like Pub?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic Approve/Hold/Reject all posts for this Topic

Stanislav_Pokorny

71 Posts

NOT MODERATED!!!  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply  Approve/Hold/Reject this Reply
Well, I believe there is some point in what Ewa has written. If I understand correctly, she says that there is not the same demand for all language pairs (great difference between e.g. English to German and German to Tamil, just to give an example). It would be therefore fair enough to pay less for less frequent language pairs. This would certainly distinguish TP from other translator directories.
BTW, Stefan announced some big changes to the site, including a model of rating outsourcers. May I ask where they are?
Anyways: to pay, or not to pay? That's the question. And the choice is yours, Ewa. Nobody can guarantee that you will receive a job if you are a paying member. So why not remain an non-paying member for a few weeks and see if you receive enough potential job announcements? If there are enough of them, you may choose to become a full member.

Edited by - Stanislav_Pokorny on 05/23/2009 09:25:23
Go to Top of Page

mariaeloisadevecchi
Starting Member

0 Posts

NOT MODERATED!!!  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply  Approve/Hold/Reject this Reply
Hi,
yesterday I decided to join translatorpub with a 3 month membership.....I still cannot access job and my profile hasn't yet been updated......can anybody help me???
When I receive a job offer, what shall I do then?

Thanks a lot...

Go to Top of Page

TranslatorENtoDE
Starting Member

0 Posts

Just arrived freshly via this link:
http://www.proz.com/forum/scams/297452-agency_exploiting_the_fact_that_we_care_about_children-page2.html#2514190

(don't be shocked, someone mentioned this page on page 2 on proz.com and I discovered a few topics that might need a comment or two.)

A number of hints:
a) you have a forum section that prepares for blacklisting self-proclaimed-agencies that used this page for scamming. doing that with every so-called client possibly arriving here with the same aim in mind will be a lot of work. There are a lot of them around. Way easier would be to tag posts about those "clients" so that translators can get this list without anyone needing to type all the information and links anew.
b) general very basic information: getting percentages of successfully done and well paid work is WAY more interesting for anyone involved, compared to "memberships". ever thought of that? (this is directed to Wagner Consulting)
c) I have two source languages and love both of those just as I like my target language. These are, I think, 3 in total if I'm right (am I?) - so, what am I supposed to do with my 3rd language in a datasheet that asks for 2 only?
d) I personally prefer reliable escrow solutions in comparison with milestones. And I just have an idea. Will get back to that idea in a few days, because I am curious whether I get a reponse to those first 3 points above.
Go to Top of Page

TranslatorENtoDE
Starting Member

0 Posts

Update:
e) I am used to be able to edit my very own forum posts: for typo editing, when I have something to add (like in this very post...)
f) I should add that I also don't pay "memberships" for visibility of projects. There is money you can make by giving infrastructure, but just as an information from a translator's point of view: many of us see payments based on percentages of successful projects as a proof that the "thing might work". If it wants us to pay just to see posted projects, they're part of a scam. For many of us. For me definitely. Don't take this personally, just thing about it why exactly that might be the case. That certain agency that managed to seriously screw one of the translators who signed up here over (see those forum posts about them and especially the one posted by a user starting with K) probably wouldn't have been able to do it that easily if your very own income would depend on them paying for this stuff. Am I right or am I right?

Go to Top of Page

scabalxia
Starting Member

0 Posts

Hi, I have been a basic memeber for over a year now, and I have NEVER received a job, only notifications for full members. I would like to try the system before I decide to become a full member. But there are basically no jobs for basic members, unless you join. It seems to me that the basic membership is a bait only. Please send basic member job botifications to basic members!
Thank you very much,
Silvia C.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic Approve/Hold/Reject all posts for this Topic
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TranslatorPub.Com © 2006 - 2015 Translatorpub.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
Site Language:

Site Sponsor
Try the new User Interface
http://beta.translatorpub.com

Fundraiser
Fundraiser

TranslatorPub- Shop

TranslatorPub+ Beta
Site Sponsor

More Information...

Social Media

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

© TranslatorPub.com 2006 - 2024. All Rights Reserved.

Mail comments and suggestions to info@translatorpub.com | Privacy Policy | Sitemap