Password:
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to TranslatorPub.Com!
 Translation Help - SOS -
 Really long sentence!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

carolinesaari
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  03:36:04  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Send carolinesaari an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'm doing a translation from German to English, but because the sentence is so long, I keep losing track of the meaning and what each part of the sentence is referring to.

Here's the sentence:
"Ersatzteile bezeichnet die Teile und Materialien von Fahrzeugen, welche bei Defekt oder Verschleiß als Bestandteil der in der Fahrzeug- und Wartungsdokumentation definierten Wartungs- oder Reparaturarbeiten am Fahrzeug oder in einer Großkomponente oder Komponente gegen ein Neuteil ausgewechselt werden und selbst nicht weiter aufgearbeitet oder repariert werden (kleinste tauschbare Einheit)."

I've gotten most of it, but I'm still unsure about "oder in einer Großkomponente oder Komponente." Can anyone help me?

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  08:36:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Großkomponente means a major component (e.g. you dont have to exchange the whole component, but only a small part of this component), where component stands for exchange of the whole thing :-)

Hehe - hope that helps a little.
Go to Top of Page

carolinesaari
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  23:53:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send carolinesaari an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks - after translating for long periods of time, my brain just turns to mush... haha
Go to Top of Page

adamdave07
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  14:07:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
i just started in translatorpub.com, but i need sombody to help me to start of
I need to know the rate of the translation I am going to do, I used to work in Syria and the rate there is completely different.
The source language is English and the target language is Arabic.
Can you please give me an advice about the rate in UK?
thank you

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  01:16:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, welcome to TranslatorPub.com and within our Community. The price ranges are pretty wide currently. Do you start off in the UK or do you already have a profound experience?
Go to Top of Page

adamdave07
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  04:13:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
Thank you,
I used to work as translator in Syria for 5 years,so I have a good experience.
It is first time i am going to translate in UK,but I don't have any idea about the rate.
I was searching in the internet and i found that the ranges,like you said, are wide.
can you please tell me an idea about the price,minimum and maximum, per 1000 words please.
Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  01:03:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi - I believe the current price is averaging around 40 GBP. I´m not so sure with Arabic, as there are a lot of competitors on the market.
Go to Top of Page

adamdave07
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  12:25:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi,
thank you very much for the information.

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  23:18:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You are welcome. I`m aware that your chances are currently really good if you have a Security Clearance. This will allow you to receive huge amounts of work from different government contracted agencies in the UK.

I´m not sure about the process, but I suggest that you´ll have a look into that as well.
Go to Top of Page

Shiki23
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2017 :  01:35:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
High qualified translation bureau providing all kinds of translation, interpretation and localization : https://perevesti.by/en/uslugi/perevod-dokument/

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TranslatorPub.Com © 2006 - 2015 Translatorpub.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
Site Language:

Site Sponsor
Try the new User Interface
http://beta.translatorpub.com

Fundraiser
Fundraiser

TranslatorPub- Shop

TranslatorPub+ Beta
Site Sponsor

More Information...

Social Media

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

© TranslatorPub.com 2006 - 2024. All Rights Reserved.

Mail comments and suggestions to info@translatorpub.com | Privacy Policy | Sitemap